Moments of Silence

I am truly enjoying this solitude.

It's almost 3am and I just got home from work. This has been my "normal" routine for almost a month now. By the time I get home, my parents and siblings are already fast asleep. I take advantage of this time to do something productive because no one is likely to bother me at this ungodly time of the day. I go online and spy on--errr--check out my friends' and long-lost friends' blogs, Multiply and Friendster accounts to keep myself updated. I surf the net and read news about what has happened in the world while I was slumped on my seat at the office. Last week I was able to finish reading two books.

This is one thing I have always wanted to do. If I'm not working, I spend most of my time with my loved ones and it's rare that I get to reward myself with something. Simple things make me happy, one of which is being able to write a journal entry like this without being pressured to hurry because someone is awfully waiting for me to give them attention. I can eat without gobbling my food down because I know that I don't have anything else to do but to kill some more time for my workaholic self.

The best part is that I get to do everything in silence. It's a perfect getaway from the fast-paced, noisy corporate world that I got myself into.

Comments