Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Day in Bali Indonesia


After an exhausting flight from Manila (1:30pm - 4:40pm flight to Singapore and 9:00pm to 11:30pm flight to Bali), I spent the next day with my friend Jane walking around the streets of Bali. In this picture is my favorite street where most of the shops that I like are located. My favorite isn't D&G by the way, but Roxy, Quiksilver, Volcom, Globe, Hurley made me drool! This street is a little far from the villa where I'm staying--we had to take a taxi going here. Of course we went to the beach but we did not swim, we just walked around. Today we went to the studio where I will TRY to learn Bikram Yoga.


After all the news I heard today that was mostly disheartening, I walked around the vicinity of where I am staying for the next two months--I breathed some fresh air and explored the night lights in Bali. I didn't walk very far though because I got a little scared when I reached a poorly lit street. But the rest of the lights and architecture (which was one of the things that impressed me about this city/town) are quite pretty at night. I wish a have more money to spend here though so I could visit the concept restaurants and maybe go to a spa but perhaps I'll save it for next time!


I think Bali is a place that I will learn to love for the next 10 weeks that I will stay here.