Friday, July 22, 2011

On A Serious Note

A few hours ago, I was annoyed to my core and could not help but burst into a controversial tweet and Facebook status. The reactions were pretty amusing and I eventually felt better after reading and replying to all the witty comments from friends. The best part? I think the person I was mysteriously referring to KNOWS that I am referring to no other person but HER. Entertaining, right?

Disclaimer: I am about to write something very vague. I don't think I'm supposed to write about this but for the sake of making myself feel better, I will ramble anyway.
I have always been misunderstood in one aspect of my life and opinion, and after what happened last year, I could no longer fight for any case regardless if I could die knowing I am right, even if that case was already my case even before last year's turmoil (and partly may have even caused the turmoil). Now that I have more valid and rational reasons to put this case forward (example: greener pasture), it's still ignored and I am more evidently misunderstood. Got it? I know you didn't. Haha.

Today, I think my dear one somehow forgot one of our rules or he may have deliberately done it to piss me off. He lost something valuable (wasn't my fault in any way) and I took most of the blow, which I don't really mind as it is my pleasure to comfort him. However, things from the past were brought up and I just felt completely depressed. Still, I felt it's not the time for me to bring it up and discuss as he still copes from his loss. Besides, he made me feel how I'm such a burden to him right now and I didn't really want to validate that. 

The tweets and facebook status: "The Strike 2"
I went on and replied to tweets that for me appear to be flirtatious. Take note: this is not the first time it happened, but this is the first time I reacted publicly and I made sure the person sees it. Can anyone blame me if I think the tweets are inappropriate for a girl who is in a relationship? What if it was me who send tweets like that to someone else? Can I pass it up as wholesome and brotherly? I don't think so. Well, she did not reply directly to my supposedly friendly tweet that simply show I am supporting my better half to encourage her. I guess she was smart enough to see the sarcasm. I know she realized I was referring to her in my Facebook status when she started acting innocent and tweeting about people being judgmental. How entertaining!

"The Strike 1"
Several months ago (shortly after I arrived from Bali), my fiance tagged me along to a party. When this girl in question arrived, she greeted my man, he greeted back and she demanded that he kisses her too instead of giving her a plain and simple hi. My man was caught in a rather awkward moment knowing I heard and saw everything and simply told her that I was there (in embarrassment). He knows me so well that this is not the kind of thing that is acceptable in our relationship. We established already that it was him who allowed people to treat him like that and have agreed to do otherwise. I have nothing against the girl, but the question still remains--if she is really like that why not ask everyone else in the room to kiss her? What if I wasn't there, would he have given her the kiss she was asking for, regardless if it was a "friendly" one on the cheek? Would she ask my guy to kiss her if her boyfriend was standing right next to her? How would she feel if another girl asks the same thing from her boyfriend?

On A Serious Note
My rage aside, and even if there is no history of jealousy and cheating involved, I think it's a matter of respect which this silly girl doesn't seem to have. It's hidden in innocent tweets and church-going facade but she doesn't know how to act appropriately as a person who is in a relationship. Even if there is truly nothing going on, there should be a certain level of distance. I do not ask my best guy friend (a close friend of mine since high school) to kiss me in place of a simple hi. Any person who religiously attends church should know that. I am not coming clean but having done both the right and the wrong, and taking responsibility as well as the consequences for my actions, I reckon I am in a very good position to recognize it and stop it at its onset. I expect more from this educated person and I am truly disappointed. Is it really hard to respect other people?

I feel somehow better now because I know that the case I have been fighting for since time immemorial (even back before our first breakup in 2009 happened) have a solid grounding. No amount of invalidation can discourage me now, at least in that aspect. The only difference is I get more assurance now that I am the only one but I also always get reminded for getting derailed for a while. I feel pathetic at times, but I figured love sucks like that. I am just really scared that there might come a day when I would grow tired and simply stop fighting or caring. I am not very difficult to love, but because I give a high regard to myself and value things that most people don't, it can be quite challenging to keep up.

I have to admit that my Facebook status was a little harsh, but I enjoyed the reaction I gained afterwards. After all, that's freedom of speech, right? If she has the right to bluntly flirt with my man then I am free to bash. I could be a witch with a capital B when I want to, and I mean it.

Who is wrong in this sticky situation? My man, the little miss, or me? Your opinion is welcome.