Dance Trip to Singapura

We found out about a seat sale online, our friends are convincing us to fly to attend classes and the next thing we know, we booked a flight to Singapore in three weeks' time! That was a very short notice for us who like to plan our trips well but we figured we just have to do it now or never.

The flight was pretty smooth and fun, I experienced the most comfortable descent ever. It was raining  when we landed at Changi International Airport. We will stay at a friend's house for the rest of the days but we booked our first night in a cheap backpackers hostel where we shared a room with 8 other people, 4 of which were white European men (who were probably our age). It was a shock when we found them shirtless when we went back to our room that evening. I did not like any part of that stay, but we were on a tight budget and would rather spend on a dance class. Like I always say, it's another story to tell! It was a relief to finally move to my friend's house at Marymount.


July 1, Friday
We explored Marina Bay during the day before we attended our first dance class at Recognize Studios in the evening. I took Reggae and Vogueing, thus giving me several bruises on my knee and elbows after my FIRST dance class. Gosh. We also took a bus back to Marymount only to realize we got off on the wrong stop that we had to take a taxi cab! The bus was impressive, we can use our "MRT cards" to pay for the fare.



July 2, Saturday
Universal Studios! I enjoyed the shows. I am not of fan of rides that make me feel as if I left my soul somewhere up in the air so I was only able to really appreciate the ones that put the movies to life. My favorite attraction was Waterworld, being a fan of this movie since I was a little kid. Perhaps I would enjoy it even more if I was with my fiance or my family.


July 3, Sunday
We attended our first Brian Puspos class at DanzPeople. After the class, I met up with my fiance and I's best friend who has been working in SG for a year already. They took me around Orchard Road, which was probably a bad idea because of the crowd--it was Sunday and payday so everyone was out spending their money! I enjoyed sitting down with them though and catching up as well reminiscing our stories. Nothing beats seeing a good friend that I haven't seen in a while. I met up with my friends again and we had a very late dinner at Newton Circus with our newfound friend/dance teacher Brian.

July 4, Monday
Watched the Transformers movie in the afternoon then headed to the studio again to accompany my friend Apple as she takes another BP class.

July 5, Tuesday
Went to Bugis for shopping! Well I did not really shop as I was saving my money for classes. I just bought a few strands of blonde hair extensions for only $1 each. All of us attended another BP class--it was frustrating as his style is so different from mine but I was very challenged at the same time. We headed to Recognize after class to watch the class of Mike Silas (Lady Gaga's choreographer). We arrived in time to catch his very inspiring talk--I was in tears when I left the studio. Never have I been so sure that I am in the right industry, doing what I love.


July 6, Wednesday
Our last full day in Singapore. Attended the Jazz Funk class (finally, something I can do very well!) with Mazlan. Also, we were so blessed to have been allowed to join the BP class that night even if the class was full already. My friends and I ended the night with Jack Daniels, Tiger and some Bacardi!


I didn't want the trip to end but my resources are already at its lowest (READ: wallet seem to be on a diet). After the trip, I have never been inspired to teach and train at the same time. I felt good about myself because of this trip, knowing that I can still improve and that there are many opportunities ahead of me.