Birthday Present


Two weeks before my birthday, I got myself an early birthday present. I recently purchased a pair of eyeglasses to fix my nearsightedness and astigmatism and I realized that having something on top of my nose for 10 hours can be quite uncomfortable. And so I got myself a pair of amethyst-colored contact lenses. It's a blend of purple and brown that you won't notice much unless we're out in the sun. Love it!

A few days before September 14th, my cousin (Popi's father) was diagnosed to have dengue. The night before my birthday, doctors confirm he was at Stage 3. Fear enveloped me that night, and I thought of no other way to spend my birthday but to visit him at the hospital. He was in the process of getting better that Thursday night, and I felt I've received one of the best birthday presents that God has given me in years. I realized that the real gift that I want isn't a pair of contacts, nor a bunch of books, nor an mp3 player, nor a new pair of shoes. I just wanted to be with the people I love. Slap me for being such an emo.