Chivalry is Dead

Argh. I rode the LRT2 (Purple Line) a few weeks ago and I was very disgusted.

I was first in line while I was waiting at the platform but as soon as the train arrived, three men cut my way as I acted to step into the train. I didn't mind that, I thought that perhaps they're impatient kinds of people who can't stand slow-moving people like me. As I was standing inside the train (there were no more seats for me), I got more pissed when I realized that most of the seats were taken by men--and I don't mean old, disabled men--these are either college men or yuppies who are oh-so-comfortably seated with their legs apart. I don't really mind standing up--I sit on my butt the whole day at work, and I feel I am a young, strong and healthy woman. What I DO mind is that these guys (I decided not to call them MEN for they don't act like one) are actually ignoring the senior citizens, old ladies and pregnant women who are standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. And they pretend to be so engrossed with the music that's playing on their iPod or phone to even notice that these ladies are carrying a lot of stuff they bought from Divisoria.

Whatever happened to chivalry?

Comments

  1. First off, I'm all for public transportation and I'm fascinated by the light rail station in the Philippines. It's good to hear that people are taking advantage of it. I'd like to try it one day. Too bad those guys weren't as courteous to their fellow passengers though.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It sucks coz I only take the train every once in a while and this is what I see.

    You gotta try it, Wil. =p I guess a round trip (from Santolan to Recto) won't even take more than 45 minutes. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im also a passenger in lrt. actually women does this more than men.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment