Pink Phone

I have said goodbye to my SE T230 mobile phone.
Flashback
On my way home from my small group meeting, I was mugged in Katipunan on September of 2004 where three men pointed a butterfly knife at me and took my humble Nokia 8210 cellphone. This was the second time I lost a phone, I misplaced my first one during my freshman year while I was strolling at the Galleria. I was hesitant to ask my parents for a new phone so I decided to buy a new phone for myself instead and I did so--I got a Sony Ericsson T230.
I held on to that phone for the longest time. Despite the fact that I have dropped it countless of times, it is still working perfectly fine and I found no reason at all to replace it. Add that to the sentimental value that I give to this phone since someone very special to me helped me buy that phone. I have ignored the temptation to purchase the newest walkman phone and settled for my beloved T320.

It was only recently when I took a new job that I had a nagging voice in my head (and some few voices outside, too) that I should replace my phone with a new one. I still hold this phone dear to me, so I did not "swap" it with the new phone that I got at Greenhills.

And so when I have achieved a specific target at work, what better way to reward myself but to finally buy a clamshell phone, with a 2 megapixel camera and music player. A Sony Ericsson Z610i. And it's pink. Not bad for a not-so-expensive phone. (Big grin on my silly face.)

I am known to my friends and family as a lazy texter, one who would usually reply to texts after four hours (or days) later. Prior to knowing that I bought a new phone, they noticed and commented that I actually respond way faster now. Hehe. Text me?