7 Months

I was cleaning my Yahoo! Mail Inbox and I've stumbled upon Meg's email entitled "Stylettos Concert". It was sent on October 7, 2007 and is the first of many emails we have sent to the group regarding our concert. Her next emails were sent from New Jersey. Meg was appointed as the project head, thus, she was planning for the concert despite the distance until she got home on December. We initially planned to hold it the concert on Feb 2008 then it was later moved to May to give us enough time to look for sponsors (and learn the new choreo). We have also managed to partner with the Cross Effects.




We were all acting by faith--many have discouraged us and asked, who would watch the concert when nobody knows us? We would tell them: "We can fill the theater with our family and friends--we just want to unite the group." Silly as it may sound but for us it was enough of a valid reason to exert all our efforts for this.

We are three days away from the concert and I can say that the past 7 months have been a roller coaster ride. Since that first email we've lost a few people, but gained more. Most of us didn't get enough sleep as we would've wanted but I can barely remember anyone who complained. We not only stretched each other's skills but also our character.



It was a struggle for us financially, considering we had to pay for studio rent, fare/gas, etc. We've cried a few tears as well, occasionally raised some voices and have shared countless laughters and bruises. And most especially, we've found new friends we can share our lives with.




I am extremely nervous, having rehearsed only on weekends and holidays. I was almost discouraged because of recent events that I didn't expect to happen. However, I am determined to dance my heart out on Saturday--not with a heavy heart but with a heart full of joy and gratefulness. And so do the rest of my 31 friends who will be on stage.


This Saturday, nothing else would matter but to please my Creator with my talent and I am DETERMINED to do it--whatever it takes.