Overworked


I just felt the need to plaster my ugly face here. For the past few months now, I have spent most of my waking hours at work. I have breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. 7pm would be an early time to leave the office. Since we started hiring for our medical account, we have been very busy. And to add up to our stress, someone from our department resigned, another went on maternity leave, and another was transferred to a different department. This meant that those of us who stayed had to divide those three people's jobs among ourselves.


This was not much of a problem to me. I tried to think of it as an opportunity for growth and versatilty. (Haha since when did I become an optimist?) Besides, I love my job and the people I work with. It is also a fulfillment for me to see people get jobs. The PROBLEM is that some people at work are just so immature and unprofessional that they get in the way of work and disrupt the harmony. I chose to ignore them--I don't really care if they bitch around me, talk behind my back, and give me an ugly attitude all the time, as long as they don't involve anyone else and they let me do my job well.

Anyways, I should talk about how me and my nicer officemates-- or should I say, friends--kicked back to relax and enjoy our hiring-free weekend.


This was taken last weekend at Menu in Metrowalk, Ortigas. (I grabbed this pic from Noelle.)



We went to Jacob's (Janet's baby) Baptism reception at Kamay-Kainan Greenhills. After feasting on Kare-Kare, Oysters and many other Filipino dishes, Marielle and I went shopping at the Theater Mall.


At the end of the day, I realized nothing can make me stumble. I know God put me in that office and I have a purpose there. God spoke to me to treasure those who I have built relationships with even outside the walls of the office, and to have compassion for those who try to jeopardize the relationships. World peace, dude! Haha.